How do you handle emotions? Do you let them control you or do you control them?
What I learned this week is that I can improve my quality of life by learning how to control my emotions. I also learned that I operate best when I am experiencing positive energy and I am able to lead effectively. There is less friction in my relationships too.
I took the following steps to bounce back to the positive energy:
- Deep abdominal breaths, exhaling slowly
- told someone that I appreciated them
- changed the dialog in my head.
To change the dialog in my head, I asked myself three questions:
- Is this situation true?
- will it matter in six months?
- how can I grow from the situation?
The quality of energy improved, and I was able to control my emotions positively. I was more productive, there was less friction, and I accomplished more.